SIX TO EIGHT WEEKS BEFORE WEDDING
- Mail invitations. Include accommodation choices and a map to assist guests in finding the ceremony and reception sites. Also include details of your gift registry.
- Maintain a record of RSVPs and all gifts received. Send thank-you notes upon receipt of gifts.
- Have a hair and makeup trial.
- Schedule to have your hair, makeup and nails done the day of the wedding.
- Finalise shopping for wedding day accessories such as toasting glasses, ring pillow, guest book, etc.
- Set up an area or a table in your home to display gifts as you receive them.
- Check with your local newspapers for wedding announcement requirements.
- Mail invitations to rehearsal dinner.
- Find “something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and a six pence (or shiny penny) for your shoe.”
- Decide on your readings and vows and do up your order of service booklet for your stationery supplier.
- Finalise your menu.
- Call all wedding specialist suppliers on your contact sheet and confirm date and requirements.