Wedding Abroad – Certificate of Freedom?

The Wedding Planner in Ireland answers your questions:  I’m getting married abroad and I have been requested to get a Certificates of Nulla Osta – What is this and where do I get it in Ireland?

A Certificate of Freedom to marry (also known as ‘Civil Letters of Freedom’, “Certificates de Coutume” or “Certificates of Nulla Osta”) which states that a person is not married, may be needed for marriage in some foreign countries. Irish citizens living in Ireland wishing to obtain such a Certificate should apply to the Consular Section of the Department of Foreign Affairs, 72/76 St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin 2, Tel.: (01) 4082568. Irish Citizens living abroad should contact their nearest Irish Embassy.  Apply for it as soon as you have your wedding date set and allow plenty of time for them to respond.


2 comments on “Wedding Abroad – Certificate of Freedom?

  1. HI Susan,

    I’ve created a new post in the weddings abroad section about weddings in Cuba, so check that out! The good news is yes we can organise it for you. If you book your wedding this month, an all inclusive resort for 7 days flying from Gatwich on October 11 2009 including a civil ceremony, will cost less than £2200 for the 2 of you. I need to know dates you wish to travel and yoru full names and then I can get you an exact quote.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s